Are You Ready? 2020 is Coming…
As I’m sure you’ve seen, since Design Thinking 2019 we have not taken our foot off the pedal. The emergence of Human-Centered Design as an essential tool kit & mindset, combined with the rising role of Design in the executive leadership team, the Design Thinking 2020 program positions itself in the intersection of Strategy & Next Generation Innovation.
Continuing on this journey with many of the organizations we work with, the program itself has continued to evolve and transform based on the insights gathered from our user research and the prototyping across the event series throughout the year.
On the verge of the agenda release, we couldn’t keep it bottled up anymore! Enjoy a sneak peak of a few of the new features of this year’s program:
Maturity Tracks Tracked to the Max!
Last year we not only saw the largest crowd to date, which also brought the most differentiated crowd to date. The incoming group sold out sessions, created new positions, and transformed format to accommodate. However, we realized….with such a growing audience, we need more personalized content.
With this, sessions are broken up into twice as many tracks as before. During break-out periods, we be running no less than 6 track sessions and up to 12 at the same time! This ensures we are breaking up content and material to help meet attendees where they are.
This also means….
More Advanced Content than Ever!
As we have gained traction and reputation in the market, our audience has become more advanced than ever! Catering to our more advanced speaker faculty and advanced practitioners, we realized, some serious changes needed to be made.
Particularly for our workshop day, it was not enough to have 1 beginner track and 1 “everybody else track”—instead, we added Three New Workshops.
- Facilitation Boot Camp: It’s one thing to be a good designer, it’s another to be a great facilitator! With Design leading projects and strategy, it’s important to clearly and effectively lead workshops
- 201: Design Thinking in Real Life: It’s great to learn to design in a perfect hypothetical situation with no constraints and limitations, but how do you apply Design Thinking in less than perfect scenarios? Through 4 interactive workshops, learn the in’s and out’s of practical Design Doing in “Real Life”
- 301: Power Hours: Catered to our most advanced crowd, we wanted to tackle four front of mind challenges bringing together cutting edge perspective all in one place. Hear quick fire POV’s around Next Gen Design Teams, Sustainable & Ethical Design, Data & Analytics, and more!
And back by popular demand, our Design Thinking University is the perfect place for our new to Design Thinking crowd!
Applicable Beyond Mere Inspiration!
You don’t need to hear why Design Thinking is important—it’s far more important to focus on how to apply it within the organization. This year, we have tasked every speaker with our mission: Applicable Beyond Mere Inspiration.
This extends beyond take-aways into applications. How do we catalyze the movement, but implement to drive actual change?
In addition, we bolstered our research and dug deep to find your key challenges. This year, we will discuss top topics including:
- The Intersection of Design Thinking + Lean + Agile
- Balancing Native vs. Non-Native Designers
- Change Management
- Transformation at Enterprise Scale
- Developing your HCD Handbook
- The implementation of Machine Learning & AI
In addition to much more!
And this is just the tip of the iceberg….stay tuned for our Main Agenda Launch this afternoon with an exciting Opening Keynote Announcement, Phenomenal Speaker Faculty, Extended Awards, Amazing Site Tours, and more!